Using Permanent Hair Colour correctly at home, gives women the freedom and independence to change their look, without spending a fortune at the hair salon.
Make sure these things are handy before you colour your hair:
- An old t-shirt to wear
- A towel to dry your hair
- A sink for rinsing
- A bowl for your colour mixture
- Mixing brush
- A container of Vaseline to prevent skin stains
RENEW takes you step by step in getting your favourite colour the easiest way.
Firstly, this is what you should find in your colour kit:
- One Colour Developer Application Bottle
- One Crème Colourant Tube
- One Aloe and Milk Protein Conditioner
- One Pair of Gloves
- One Instruction Leaflet
Before you start the process of colouring your hair, do a skin and strand test for your piece of mind. The test should be performed 48 hours before colouring your hair, regardless of whether you have used the product before, with no incidents.
This is how to do it:
- Unscrew the cap of the colourant developer and mix the colourant into the developer bottle
- Put back the caps and close tightly.
- Remove earrings and wash and dry a small area behind your ear.
- Apply the mixture to the area with a cotton bud, 2cm will do.
- If any abnormal reactions such as itching, redness or swelling in and around the area, then it is advisable not to use the product.
[block]1[/block]Tie your hair up for the strand test.
It’s also important to perform a strand test before you colour all your hair, to see what your final hair colour will be.
Here are the four steps to do this:
- Snip off a small amount of your hair (where a few missing strands are less likely to be noticed) and tape it at the end.
- Dip this hair into the colour mix, ensuring that all the hair is covered.
- Leave the hair in the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly and wait for the colour to develop.
Once the formalities are out of the way, it’s time to colour!
Depending on whether you are colouring your hair or retouching, the method may be different.
The first step is the same in both instances:
First step in getting RENEWed!
- Unscrew the Application Developer Bottle.
- Unscrew the Crème Colourant Tube and break the seal, using the back of the cap .
- Empty the contents of the Colourant Tube into the Applicator Developer Bottle.
- Re-Screw the cap back on the Applicator Bottle and shake well until mixed thoroughly.
Snip off the Applicator Bottle tip, and apply it straight onto your hair straight away.
If you are looking for a full head of colour, these are the steps to take:
- Part your hair into four sections.
- Use the Applicator bottle to apply the colour mixture evenly.
- If need be, used your gloved hands to spread the mixture, evenly.
- Let the colour develop for about 25minutes. Leave it on for 45minutes (be sure to have taken the strand test) depending if you are covering grey areas or the condition of your hair.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Ensure that the hair mixture is completely removed.
- Now apply the Renew Conditioner Cream evenly on your hair and leave for 3 minutes.
- Rinse out the conditioner with lukewarm water.
- Now you are ready to dry and style as you like, with your new colour!
If your plan is to refresh your hair colour by retouching your roots, these are the steps to take:
- Part your hair into four sections and use the Applicator Bottle to apply the colour mixture evenly onto the roots.
- Let the colour develop for between 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once the roots have been coloured, apply the remaining colour mixture to the mid-lengths and the ends of your hair.
- Let these develop for five minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse out the hair colour mixture with lukewarm water.
- Now you can apply the Renew Conditioner Cream evenly on your hair and leave for 3 minutes.
- Rinse out the conditioner.
- Now your hair colour has been given a new breath of life!